Senior Medical Writer
- Contract type
- £45,000 - £55,000
- Start date
A successful award-winning healthcare communications agency has an exciting opportunity for a Medical Writer for its award-winning Editorial team. This unit creates global communication programmes to assist many of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. Our client is recognised as one of the leading agencies in this field and has achieved international recognition for its creative work. The company is based in offices in Amersham and handles campaigns for some of the biggest brands from some of the best-known pharmaceutical companies in the world.
We are looking for a Medical Writer with 3 / 4 years’ experience to join a dedicated group within their busy creative department. You will be working independently or in collaboration with other members of the department to develop original, effective communications that demand a high level of medical knowledge. Translating complex clinical data and compelling messages is a key part of the job. You will be expected to research and analyse data and write accurately for a wide range of marketing materials, while cultivating a tonally flexible writing style that is adaptable to different target audiences.
- Life sciences degree (PhD preferred but not essential)
- Familiar with referencing scientific materials and preferably with hands on experience of Zinc and other compliance software, to perform literature searches and corroborate, challenge or strengthen client-supplied materials and messages, as appropriate
- Good knowledge and appreciation of ethically accepted vocabulary, phrases and messaging used in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to communicate the science behind a brand or product category in an effective, clear and concise manner in individual and group settings (e.g. to inform colleagues)
- Appreciation of writing for digital media (SEO, delivering a story effectively through digital media, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of the ABPI Code of Practice and other relevant compliance and referencing tools such as Veeva.
We're afraid if you don't have the above necessities, we will not be able to proceed with an application.
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to:
020 8334 5522