Junior Editorial Assistant Healthcare Publishing
- Contract type
- £23,000 - £25,000
- Start date
Our client is a pharmaceutical publishing agency and provides independent, open-access medical news and education to the online healthcare professional (HCP) community. The agency is dedicated to providing busy HCPs with trustworthy, cutting-edge updates in their field in an accessible manner across a range of digital platforms. They produce a wide variety of digital media content for their world-leading online video journals, which cover a range of pathologies including hematology, oncology and dementia. As part of their coverage of the latest updates, they attend around 60 medical congresses nationally and internationally each year.
They are seeking a Junior Editorial Executive to join the Video Journal of Neurology team, to support the development, maintenance and growth of their cutting-edge online video journal platforms. The ideal candidate is someone looking to start their career in digital medical publishing, and who is passionate about scientific content production right from its planning, through to its creation, publishing, promotion and impact analysis.
The successful candidate will have the followingattributes:
• Undergraduate degree (or higher) in a Life Sciences subject, preferably Neuroscience.
• A passion for medical science and interest in the latest news in clinical research
• Experience writing scientific content
• Excellent writing and grammar, with great attention to detail
• Highly organised with good time-management skills
• A proactive attitude, ability to work efficiently independently
• Excellent communication skills
• Confident in the use of Microsoft Office platforms (Word, Office, Excel, PowerPoint) and other office software
• Keen to learn new digital skills, including video, podcast and article publishing, website management, newsletter creation, and social media channel marketing and management tools
• Producing high-quality written scientific content – this includes copy for videos, podcasts, articles, tweets, newsletters and interview guides, among other content
• Publishing of digital content
• Proofreading materials to ensure they are accurate, meet our in-house style and are scientifically sound
• Supporting in the development and maintenance of editorial SOPs and guidelines
• Keeping MMP project folders, status reports and databases up to date, and updating the senior team on the progress of all projects on a regular basis
• Taking accurate notes in meetings and be distributing them to the internal team promptly
• Supporting congress attendance and coverage – this includes logistics, crew briefs, sourcing required information, liaising with experts, managing the interview schedule, and content planning, among other tasks
• Attending offsite congresses within the UK and abroad; interviewing HCPs
• Supporting the training and management of interns
You should note that your duties and responsibilities are likely to evolve, and that you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as they may reasonably require.
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to:
020 8334 5522