Head of Studio
- Contract type
- around £50,000
- Central London
- Start date
- EV2904 STU
Our client is a healthcare advertising and promotions agency looking for a Head of Studio. You should be somebody who is great at trafficking, with a passion for artwork, and a strong eye for detail, accuracy and consistency, but also with a passion for design and a willingness to learn. The principle responsibilities of the role will be managing and motivating the studio team, collaborating with account handlers, programmers, designers and project managers to ensure work is delivered on time and on budget … this is an inter-department role, bridging the gap between digital production and creative content development.
Your experience should include:
• Proven experience as a Studio Manager and Senior Artworker with a keen interest in design and digital production.
• Managing the day to day running of the Evoke Studio; managing all studio operations, making full use of project management and collaboration tools.
• Managing all aspects of the production budget for each project. Efficiently managing studio time and the Design team, in accordance with the budget.
• Working closely with the project managers by assessing and clarifying client briefs and assigning the appropriate studio member to a project.
• Clearly communicating the client and project needs to the studio team to ensure that the work meets the agreed brief.
• Proofing, reviewing and checking work before they are shared with the account team/client.
• Assisting on creative production when required.
• Creating and implementing deadlines, project goals, expectations and workflows, to ensure a smooth production process with on-time delivery.
• Managing procurement of print, large format production, subscriptions and tools and organise deliveries.
• Curating image libraries and video, artwork and branding assets. Ensuring files are stored and named according to protocols.
• Setting up systems and processes so that the studio and the wider agency are aware of how the studio operates.
• Managing the multi-disciplinary studio team which may comprise of a range of creative artworkers and artworkers and supporting
the wider creative team of art directors, designers, creative and science writers and creative directors.
• Focused on the personal and professional development of their team through regular meetings and discussion.
• Helping determine how to upskill their team so that the expertise (and profit) can stay in house.
You will be:
• A strong team leader, time manager, motivator and problem solver.
• Proficient in design and digital development processes.
• Skilled with Adobe applications including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and Microsoft Office applications. Skilled in general art-working, press and digital preparation, working closely with the creative and digital teams.
• Flexible in manging multiple projects, requiring multiple skills, deadlines and budgets.
• Connected in the design industry to source freelancers/contractors and new suppliers.
• A relationship builder to balance the team, the work and the client.
If this is you, please send us your CV and a link to your portfolio … if there is healthcare work in there, please draw attention to it.
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to:
020 8334 5522